Specialist Services for Couples
If you are in a relationship, it can be really helpful to include your partner in sessions (if you feel comfortable to do so). Attending appointments as a couple is a great way to strengthen your relationship and build on your communication skills relating to intimate and other matters. There is no additional cost to attend with your partner, and you can both benefit from the journey of creating and expanding shared intimacy.
common topics covered in couple sessions:
- Communication breakdown
- Infidelity and loss of trust in the relationship
- Desire discrepancy: differing levels of sexual desire within your relationship
- Finding time for sex and intimacy in your relationship
- Loss of spontaneity and excitement in your sexual relationship
- Sexual need and fantasy discrepancies
- Sexless marriages
- Internet (online) infidelity including sexting, picture exchanges etc.
- Alternative relationship lifestyles (including polyamory, swinging, monogom-ish, swapping etc.)
- Kink and fetish
- Maintaining an intimate partnership when you have children
- Speaking to children about sex, sexuality and sexual safety
- Fertility counselling
- Pre-marriage counselling
- Other couple concerns including finances, work-life balance, raising children etc.
If you are not sure how to ask your partner to come with you, or they have said they would not be interested, we would recommend scheduling an individual session and this can be discussed and reviewed. You will still be able to make progress individually and this progress will encourage your partner to attend down the line. Your partners' participation assists in understanding any relationship factors which may be impacting on your reaching your peak sexual functioning.
If you do not think your partner will be open to attending a session with you, that’s perfectly okay! If this is the case, book an individual appointment initially and we can discuss options relating to individual and couple sessions.
Good Vibes Clinic offers a safe environment to discuss your concerns with a professional in the field; someone with specialist training in such intimate topics as sexual and relationship satisfaction. Good Vibes Clinic understands the variations in sexuality and function, and the importance of sexuality on overall wellbeing.